3-DAY SKILLS PROGRAMME ON:
Monitoring & Evaluation
(Demonstrate knowledge and insight into the principles of monitoring & evaluation in assessing organisation and/or programme performance in a specific context)
Accredited with PSeta - Aligned To US: 337063, NQF Level 5, 5 Credits
This programme is intended for learners who do not have formal training in monitoring and evaluation (M&E), but who have an embedded monitoring and evaluation function within a work profile. It should assist in raising the level of consciousness of learners in different contexts about monitoring and evaluation. The programme is targeted at Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists, Monitoring and Evaluation Practitioners, Senior Managers, Parliamentarians, Politicians, Decision Makers, Directors General and Deputy Directors General, Chief Directors, Directors, Ministers, Heads of Department, Users with an oversight role and Portfolio Committees, Non Governmental Organisations and business organisations
The purpose of monitoring and evaluation as a management function.
- Monitoring and evaluation - a historical perspective
- Definition of Key Monitoring and Evaluation Concepts
- The role of monitoring and evaluation in management at:
- programme and
- project level.
- Relationship between Strategic Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- The Logical Framework
Current Policy and organisational documents relating to monitoring and evaluation.
- Concepts related to monitoring and evaluation
- Ways in which the components of monitoring and evaluation are integrated into other processes are analysed with reference to relationships at macro, mezzo and micro levels.
- The roles of key institutions/units/divisions in implementing the system are discussed with reference to performance information management and implementation strategies.
- The alignment of plans and implementation structures is explained with reference to the implications for organisation and/or programme performance in different sectors at different levels.
Conceptualise a monitoring and evaluation system for a selected programme, project or organisation.
- The components of a monitoring and evaluation system are analysed in order to explain the links between strategy, processes and structure.
- The framework for a monitoring and evaluation system is developed to assess the performance of an organisation or programme.
Assess how monitoring and evaluation is applied in specific work roles.
- The different roles and responsibilities in a monitoring and evaluation process
- The application of a monitoring and evaluation system in specific roles is evaluated in terms of positive and negative implications.
- By the end of programme, learners will be able to:
- Explaining the purpose of monitoring and evaluation as a management function.
- Analysing current Policy and organisational documents relating to monitoring and evaluation.
- Conceptualising a monitoring and evaluation system for a selected programme, project or organisation.
- Assessing how monitoring and evaluation is applied in specific work roles.